Planning a wedding less than 12 months!
Can you plan a wedding in less than 12 months? 9 months? 6 months? HELL YES YOU CAN. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise, they are just jealous because they booked their wedding 20 months from now, are done planning, and now they have to wait….for 20 months.
Side note: I booked my wedding venue in May, and was married the same year, in September. Listen, it can be done, easily. No need to freak out! When you find a gem of a venue, like Kendall Plantation, everything is so easy. Just trust the process!
BE FLEXIBLE: Don’t fall in love with the date, fall in love with the venue (link to another fabulous blog you need to read). Seriously, are we still talking about being scared to have a wedding on a Friday or Sunday because it’s an inconvenience? To who? Your guests? Pppsshhhh, they will come. Seriously “if you build it, they will come”, same applies for weddings. If you feed them, and booze them, they will come. STOP with the non-Saturday wedding thing, a Friday or a Sunday is the same thing yall. It’s not like you are asking for their first-born child, you are asking them to take a day off. Sometimes, only taking a half of a day off. Trust me, everyone looks for an excuse to take a day off. AND, if they miss the ceremony, they sure as heck won’t miss the party with free food and alcohol!
TRUST THE PROCESS! Scout our vendors list. We did our homework already, trust us, these vendors are top notch. Our vendors list was created to make your wedding planning easier. Nothing else, no kickbacks, no side deals, just great recommendations.
HIRE A PLANNER! Hire a planner, hire a planner, hire a planner. Correction hire a professional Like one who plans weddings for a living. In a perfect world, you would hire a planner that Kendall Plantation recommends. Why? Because they have worked at KP before. The know KP, they know the rules, they know their way around. The know the contract, the rules, what they can get away with, and what they can’t get away with. They will have all the answers to your questions, they won’t have to guess. They know the floor plans, they know the best timelines, they know the best photo spots, they know it all. Set yourselves up for success by hiring a planner, or month of planner who can help arrange your planning documents, to-do list, and recommend vendors. Even if you’re taking care of most of the specifics on your own, knowing there’s a pro you can turn to will ease a lot of pressure and keep you moving along at a good pace.
After you have booked the venue and hired a planner, things will all fall in to place.
- We would suggest finding a photographer next, followed by the perfect DJ.
- Catering and bartenders are not as pressing to book, most have several crews and allow for multiple events per day.
- Invitations, no problem. Invites go out about 6 weeks before the wedding. Head over to see our friends at The Girl General, their team can help you whip up th perfect invitations, save dates, and any favors you might want to add in!
- The Dress? No problem! Our friends over at Olivia Grace Bridal have an amazing selection of gowns that can be in your hands in 6 months or less.
- Flowers! Most florist can take on more than one event per day. Plan to hire your florist about 3 months before the big day!
- Bartenders (everyone’s favorite topic, am I right?!) Bartenders4U provides on the phone, in person, or email consultations, making it as easy as possible for you! Although we suggest getting in the door to taste their fabulous margaritas, everything can be done on the phone/email. Might I suggest the Habanero Lime flavor…the best!
Focus on the big picture